Magazine Submission General Guidelines
Aphotic Realm isn't just an online literary site. It is also a literary magazine. The basic guidelines are the same as our general submissions:
- 1000 word minimum
- 5000 word maximum
- Proper manuscript format (see here for details)
- Sex and gore for the sake of sex and gore is frowned upon – it must be integral to the plot.
- No child abuse of any kind.
- No fan-fiction, novel excerpts, or works-in-progress will be accepted.
- Your story can be any genre you want as long it falls within the theme of the issue.
If we like your story, but it does not fall into the current theme, we may ask you if it is okay to be published in our online publication instead.
- We claim exclusive first print and electronic rights to your story until the date of the print publication.
- We claim non-exclusive rights to include your story into a “Best Of” issue in the future, if we so choose.
- We claim non-exclusive rights to archive your story electronically on AphoticRealm.com
By submitting your story, you agree to the terms above.
Unfortunately, we cannot financially compensate you for your story. Aphotic Realm is well within its infancy. However, if your story is accepted, you will receive a .pdf copy of the issue and we will help you promote your writing.
When You Submit
Submissions are closed.
You can still submit to our general story pool here.
Please allow up to three weeks for us to review your story submission and respond. If at the end of three weeks, if you have not heard from us you may email us again to inquire about the status of your submission.
Does your story fit our themed issue? What are you waiting for? Click the button to the right for more details.
The deadline is October 1st, 2017!