Today we would like to announce…
GRIMDARK GRIMOIRES: A DARK FANTASY ANTHOLOGY
Swords and Sorcery.
Demons and Dragons.
Bards and Battlements.
Strange and Sinister.
SUBMISSION STATUS: OPEN
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: May 15th, 2018
We are looking for High Fantasy that takes place in a Secondary World – No Portal Fantasy. The themes and tone must be dark, strange, or sinister in nature.
- 4,000 word minimum
- 6,000 word maximum
- Proper manuscript format (see here for details)
- Sex and gore for the sake of sex and gore is frowned upon – it must be integral to the plot.
- No fan-fiction, novel excerpts, or works-in-progress will be accepted.
WITH THAT SAID
- Please be conservative with the use of Thy, Thou, and Ye Olde English.
- The setting/world in of your story must be your own.
- We will NOT accept transcripts or creative retellings of Dungeons & Dragons Campaigns (this includes Pathfinder or any other fantasy roleplaying game).
- We claim exclusive first print and electronic rights to your story until the date of the print publication.
- We claim non-exclusive rights to include your story into a “Best Of” issue in the future, if we so choose.
- We claim non-exclusive rights to add your story to an audio reading/radio dramatization production.
Aphotic Realm is well within its infancy. However, upon acceptance, a token payment of 5 USD will be paid to the author. In addition, you will receive your choice of a PDF, ePUB, or MOBI copy of the issue/anthology and we will help you promote your writing.
- Submissions are open to all! At the end, the ten best stories will be selected.
- Send your manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org as a .doc or .docx attachment.
- Please include a 50-100 word bio and any links to your website or social media accounts that you would like to promote within the body of the email.
- Please write in “GRIMDARK – Story Title” in the subject line.
- Simultaneous submissions are okay but please be sure to alert us as soon as possible if it’s accepted elsewhere.
Submission DEADLINE is MAY 15TH 2018. The reading period will not begin until the deadline is closed. Every submission will receive an acceptance or rejection by June 1st, 2018.