We are pleased to announce that the theme for our first issue will be APPARITIONS!
Astronauts encounter fifth-dimensional beings! Knights stumble upon ghastly creatures from another realm! The high school is haunted by a bitter janitor! Science fiction, fantasy, or good ‘ol horror – it doesn’t matter, just make sure it has a ghostly element.
The cover art, pictured left, is a brilliant piece by the talented Gunnar Larsen and we feel it is a fantastic representation of both this themed issue and our site.
Here are the details on how you can get your work featured in this inaugural issue!
JUNE-JULY 2017 ISSUE: APPARITIONS
The basic guidelines are the same as our general submissions:
- 1000 word minimum
- 5000 word maximum
- Proper manuscript format (see here for details)
- Sex and gore for the sake of sex and gore is frowned upon – it must be integral to the plot.
- No child abuse of any kind.
- No fan-fiction, novel excerpts, or works-in-progress will be accepted.
- Your story can be any genre you want as long it falls within the theme of the issue.
If we like your story, but it does not fall into the current theme, we may ask you if it is okay to be published in our online publication instead.
- We claim exclusive first print and electronic rights to your story until the date of the print publication.
- We claim non-exclusive rights to include your story into a “Best Of” issue in the future, if we so choose.
- We claim non-exclusive rights to archive your story electronically on AphoticRealm.com
By submitting your story, you agree to the terms above.
Unfortunately, we cannot financially compensate you for your story. Aphotic Realm is well within its infancy. However, if your story is accepted, you will receive a .pdf copy of the issue and we will help you promote your writing.
When You Submit
***Update: Submissions are now closed for the June-July issue. You can still submit to our general story pool here.***
To submit your story to the JUNE-JULY 2017 ISSUE, please send your story as a .doc or .docx attachment to email@example.com.
Please make sure you write APPARITIONS in the subject line.
In the body of the email, please provide us with a 50-100 word bio.
Deadline is June 1st, 2017
Does your story fit our themed issue? What are you waiting for?
The deadline is June 1st, 2017!